For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 8033
POSITION TITLE: IMO ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT OPERATIONS
- Associate degree in related field or equivalent financial services experience required; Bachelor degree in business or related field preferred
- Up to 3 years of business or systems or data analysis experience, or equivalent experience (i.e. back office or middle office operations, corporate actions, or data analysis) required; Financial services or data analysis experience preferred
- Ability to understand the Portfolio IBOR accounting and reconciliation for all investment management strategies and products.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and Eagle preferred
- Experience with investment management operations related systems preferred
This position will provide support, analysis and maintenance of investment and portfolio data critical to the operations of the firm and support timely delivery of high quality data to all investment professionals, clients and contacts. This includes collecting, analyzing, reconciling, calculating and reporting information to specialized teams.
- Support, analyze, and maintain reference data for front-office groups such as Equity Trading, Fixed Income Trading and Asset Management as well as middle-office support teams.
- Create and maintain product data used for a variety of functions such as Trading, Settlements, and internal reporting.
- Monitor a suite of exception management reports to ensure the quality of data.
- Understand the business schedule of how data manifests across Investment Management.
- Identify and resolve issues related to the collection of data from third party vendors, custodians/record keepers, trading operations, portfolio managers or other providers.
- Work with portfolio managers, traders, compliance, IMO teams and/or other contacts to define data attributes required for each security type for all products across the firm.
- Support and handle inquiries as primary contact for all data triage issues.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Ability to work shifts (team provides business coverage from 7AM to 8PM. Overtime as required)
- Federated Hermes Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Ability to handle a high volume of data exceptions and/or processing while ensuring a high level of accuracy
- Effective decision making, problem solving, analytical, mathematical and time-management skills
- Cooperative attitude with effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated flexibility and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to provide quality service to both internal and external clients
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.