For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
Federated Hermes, Inc. (NYSE: FHI) one of the largest investment managers in the United States, with $628.8 billion in assets under management is seeking a Head of Global Investment Operations to lead the Investment and Data Operations Teams in our Warrendale and Pittsburgh, PA offices.
As the Head of Global Investment Operations, you will lead a team of directors and individual contributors who operate “center of excellence” services performed across Investment Operations functions. You will partner with fellow department heads within the organization to provide business solutions, develop effective operating models, business continuity, risk and service provider management. As a leader, you will be responsible for planning complex change management initiatives while collaborating with multiple internal groups or external parties. The work product will require the production of quality, clear and concise deliverables that are ready for management consumption. In this role, you will guide teams in developing operational goals that are aligned to support our functional needs and deliver our investment strategies to our clients.
What you can expect:
· Directing the Investment Management Operations (IMO) Department by leading a team of middle office specialists that deliver services across the Company.
· Developing strategies and policies for management of the IMO Department.
· Monitoring regulatory and legislative changes and industry trends for best practices to identify needed changes to strategies and practices.
· Identifying resources required; developing departmental milestones and metrics; developing staffing, technology and budget requirements, etc.
· Working with Trading, Portfolio Management, IT, Fund Treasury, Investor Services, Legal, Risk and Compliance on a strategic operational framework to position the organization for new products and service opportunities.
· Participating in evaluating and implementing new investment ideas, business and custodian relationships.
· Developing and managing strategic vendor relationships
· Overseeing and building teams required to assist in the development of technology architecture and management information systems and ensuring IMOs business requirements are met.
What we’re looking for:
· Bachelor Degree or relevant experience in lieu of degree; Master Degree preferred
· 10 – 15 years of professional/business experience in the investment management industry including 10 years in buy side investment operations required
· 10 years’ supervisory/managerial experience required
· Advanced knowledge of operations functions and the securities industry required
· Thorough knowledge of investment products and services, mutual funds, securities processing and related information systems required; separate account and composite environment (performance calculation methodology, GIPS standards) preferred
· Comprehensive knowledge of mutual fund operations, trading operations, corporate action processes, reconciliation procedures, derivate security, and compliance operations required; EFT knowledge or experience preferred
· Experience with compliance requirements associated with mutual funds and offshore funds required
· Understanding of performance measurement methodologies for mutual funds and separate accounts
· Experience with financial service software (e.g. Bloomberg, trading, compliance, etc.) required
· Comprehensive knowledge of investment products and services, securities processing and related information systems
Federated Hermes offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.