For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 8003
POSITION TITLE: FINANCIAL ANALYST
DEPARTMENT: FUNDS FINANCIAL REPORTING & DISCLOSURE
- Bachelor degree or Associate’s degree in Accounting required; advanced degree preferred
- CPA certification or significant progress towards attainment preferred
- 2 years of business experience with at least 1 – 2 years of public accounting experience auditing or compiling financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP required
- 2 years’ experience in the mutual fund industry preferred
- Prior experience and high level of proficiency working with financial services fund administration functions (i.e. auditing, profitability analysis, financial statement analysis) preferred
This position supports the Senior Financial Analysts and management in the overall coordination and review of financial statements and regulatory filings for Federated Hermes’ mutual funds.
- Support the overall coordination and review of financial statements and regulatory filings with respect to the mutual funds
- Prepare monthly regulatory filing forms, i.e., Forms N-CSR and N-Q which contain annual, semi-annual financial statements and quarterly portfolios of investments
- Coordinate annual auditor review of internal controls that support SOC1 testing by external auditors
- Analyze financial statement information for the mutual funds and make appropriate recommendations to management. Review portfolio of investments for reasonability
- Assist in the formulation, recommendation and implementation of accounting and operational policies and procedures
- Review summary reports prepared by the funds’ accounting service providers to ensure that procedures contracted for are being performed at contracted service levels
- Perform an analytical review of financial information included in the fund’s financial statements and ensure that all appropriate disclosures are made in accordance with GAAP, SEC regulations and Federated policy
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Overtime as required)
- Federated Hermes Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Above average organizational, problem-solving, decision-making, and analytical skills with particular attention given to detail and accuracy
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
For consideration, go to
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.