For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 8058
POSITION TITLE: DATA SCIENTIST / SR. DATA SCIENTIST
DEPARTMENT: ADVANCED ANALYTICS AND DATA INTELLIGENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in data science, machine learning, computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, and/or related advanced analytics field, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of related experience, including professional / internship or project based, with exposure to data science concepts, mathematical modeling, algorithm development and computational tools on a variety of platforms, frameworks, and methodologies (i.e. R, Python, Spark (PySpark), SQL, Hadoop, etc).
- Familiarity with varying database structures and experience working with and wrangling large data sets.
- Exposure to data visualization technology and capabilities (i.e. Tableau, PowerBI).
- Exposure to data tools and advanced analytic capabilities in a cloud environment (i.e. Microsoft Azure).
- Exposure to a variety of data products that will complement model / algorithm development (i.e. Panda Libraries, Azure Machine Learning, Databricks, Jupyter Notebooks, etc) required.
- Experience in developing algorithms, data models and cognitive capabilities that interact with other software and analytical components that run autonomously with minimal human supervision.
**The experience level of the candidate will determine level of position as Data Scientist or Sr. Data Scientist**
- Using the latest technologies, breakdown the data silos, develop algorithms and models, conduct analysis and communicate results to our business partners. Utilize technologies including the Azure Cloud and Advanced Analytics Platform, Spark via Databricks, Azure Machine Learning, and Tableau / PowerBI.
- Build strong partnerships within the firm and consult with business partners and domain experts to understand business needs in order to integrate advanced analytics into the business.
- Lead the development of the data processing for aggregating, organizing, joining and modeling datasets to meet the analytical needs of the department and the business by utilizing techniques, methods and approaches for organizing and manipulating structured, unstructured and multi-structured data to yield new insights.
- Utilizing advanced analytical languages and approaches (regression models, classification, tree-based methods, text mining, natural language processing, unsupervised learning such as clustering) perform extensive data preparation, data mining and customer genomics modeling.
- Develop ‘data stories’ and communicate findings to our business partners from the various data research initiatives via data visualization and storytelling in a way that can be understood and actionable. Prepare written and verbal communications along with preparing and delivering data science artifacts (abstract, data sources / data dictionaries, code library, research / findings, modeling / deployment report, new ideas / next steps).
- Champions the “Data Driven” culture / leading practices and the intellectual curiosity to solve the previously impossible and to think differently and creatively about potential solutions in the financial services industry. A primary responsibility will be to build relationships internally to help evangelize your data and advanced analytics knowledge.
- Responsible for staying on top of analytical techniques and data science tools as they rapidly evolve.
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Overtime as required)
- Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to understand business issues/strategy
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to effectively communicate “data stories” to non-technical business partners
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently as a self-starter, to drive and contribute to success
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong project management skills
- Cooperative attitude and effective interpersonal skills
- Proactive, curious, creative mindset to pursue business solutions and self-learning.
- Strong self-organization skills
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.