For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes’ employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 8026
POSITION TITLE: COMPLIANCE EXAMINER
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent comparable business experience, including experience in financial services organizations in compliance, fund accounting, legal, audit or similar environment required; degree in accounting, finance or business preferred
- Minimum 2 years of business experience; advanced degree (e.g. MBA or JD) may be accepted in lieu of experience
- FINRA SIE, S7TO, S24, S 66, or obtain within a reasonable time preferred
- Experience with mutual fund or investment advisor compliance, broker-dealer compliance, legal, audit, or operations preferred
- Basic understanding of mutual fund and investment advisor process/regulations required
This position develops, implements and performs independent monitoring and testing of Federated Hermes’ investment management activities or sales, distribution and service activities for compliance with Federated Hermes policies and procedures and applicable rules and regulations. This may include but is not limited to:
- Portfolio investments for adherence to the stated investment objectives and policies and to regulatory standards
- Investigate, resolve and report on compliance exceptions
- Identify and draft automated portfolio restrictions for trade order management systems
- Records of soft dollar transactions and allocation of trades to selling brokers
- Borrowing and advisory policies and procedures
- Asset segregation policy
- Restricted and illiquid securities
- Monitor foreign accounts and off-shore funds for compliance with investment restrictions and UCITs rules
- Assist in developing compliance monitoring programs and maintaining current compliance policies and procedures.
- Prepare draft reports for submission to senior management and/or the board of directors.
- Interact with members of executive management and other business unit senior managers to present findings, resolve issues and make recommendations for changes to effect compliance.
- Conduct research in connection with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Assist in regulatory inspections and perform operational reviews and special compliance reviews of designated business functions.
- 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Overtime as required)
- Federated Hermes Tower – Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Ability to interpret, keep abreast of, and apply new investment related laws, rules, and regulations
- Must be process-oriented; have a commitment to a high quality work product; and high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize work effectively
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with internal clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cooperative attitude
- Discretion in working with sensitive or confidential information
- Strong verbal communication, organizational and follow-up skills with ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated time management, organizational, and analytical skills
Federated Hermes, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.