The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is part of the nation’s central bank.
We’ve provided many opportunities for professional growth during our history.
For twenty years in a row, we’ve been named “One of Northeast Ohio’s Best Places to Work” by North Coast 99. This prestigious award honors organizations with outstanding employment practices, including compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, retention, community services, and employee communications.
Our People Make the Difference! The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is seeking innovative thinkers with vision to build the framework that will carry the Bank into the future.
Join our team!
Business Technology Services
& Cyber Security
Take your skills to the next level and gain valuable experience contributing to work within one of the following departments: Internal Audit, Financial Support Services and Supervision, Credit Risk & Statistics
(Total of 7 positions available):
Internal Audit: work with audit team members to prepare independent examinations and evaluations of the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the Bank’s system of internal control.
Financial Support Services: work with team members on projects in the following areas: accounting, internal controls, financial services, payment services, procurement and travel.
Supervision, Credit Risk & Statistics: is responsible for ensuring public confidence in the financial system by delivering the highest quality analysis, risk management and supervision practices. Support the supervisory process of banks and bank holding companies with assets less than $10 billion.
Internships on a team in the following areas: Statistics, Large Bank Organization, BTS Development and Cyber Security.
As an Intern, the work you may be doing could look like:
- Preparing financial condition reviews of banks, thrifts and/or credit unions within the Fourth District.
- Preparing management reports and analyses relevant to a specific risk area or risk development (e.g., asset quality trends for District regional and community banks, deposit trends and interest rate exposures, peer comparisons for an applicable risk metrics, etc.).
- Completing projects and ad hoc assignments (e.g., updating cross-district ALLL models, compiling state member bank capital stress testing activities and key parameters, researching Base III developments and related Fourth District implications).
- Participating and assisting in a field examination or inspection of a state member bank or bank holding company.
- Project work in Bank Supervision/Cyber Security
- Engaging in leadership and career development activities for your future
Requirements for Finance/Accounting Internships:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, IT/Cyber Security, or a related field with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Should have at least one semester left to complete in school.
- Strong computer/technical skills required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Access (or familiarity with other data access tools).
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and ability to multitask.
- Ability to work both in a group setting and on an individual basis.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Note: This position requires access to confidential supervisory information, access to which is limited to “Protected Individuals” as defined by regulation of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, and lawful permanent resident aliens (also known as “green card holders”) but do not include (i) a permanent resident alien who fails to apply for naturalization within six months of the date the alien first becomes eligible to apply for naturalization and (ii) an alien who has applied on a timely basis, but has not been naturalized as a citizen within 2 years after the date of the application, unless the alien can establish that the alien is actively pursuing naturalization. If you are selected for an interview, you will be required to present documentation of your eligibility prior to the interview.