The Senior Accountant is responsible for supporting the functions of the Finance department. These functions include transactions related to finance, accounting, insurance, internal controls, budget, auditing, payroll, benefits and claims processing, and daily balancing. Confidentiality and accountability accuracy are essential in this position.
Essential Job Functions/Duties
· Interact with management in support of financial components of the organization.
· Primary contact to build the annual budget, runs various budget scenarios.
· Lead on the year-end external review of the financial statements.
· Prepare financial statements.
· Analyze and review financial data, patterns, monthly production reports, and financial statements.
· Monitor departmental budgetary performance and internal controls.
· Oversee the GL financial reporting software.
· Assist in providing financial information as management requests.
· Assist with the coordination of general accounting, including general ledger accounting, accounts payable, and reporting.
· Identify and resolve accounting and financial issues.
· Ensure compliance and submission of business taxes for local and state levels, sales tax, merchant/business taxes, payroll taxes, 401(k) taxes, and any other business taxes.
· Provide analysis of costs and cash flow.
· Assist with the processing, enrollment, and participant changes for payroll, retirement, 1099, and benefits administration.
· Provide analysis of costs, benchmarks, segment reporting, and other reports.
· Function as the primary support to HR for the pension profit retirement plan.
· Notice and identify trends and areas for savings or increasing revenue.
· Interact with Information Technology Department on computer operations related to financial activities.
· Interact with billing and front office departments on patient receivables, transaction posting, and refund issues.