The Front Office Manager is responsible for directly managing and supervising the front desk, file room, centralized scheduling, and phone operator personnel for the practice and all activities involving the department.
· Supervise and manage all front desk, patient records room, centralized scheduling, and phone operator personnel.
· Assumes responsible for the quality of work done by the department.
· Prepares staff schedules, approves requests for time off, call offs, and travel.
· Establishes performance benchmarks for employees and department. Conducts regular audits to ensure accuracy and compliance.
· Evaluates work performance, recommends personnel actions, resolves disciplinary matters, and coaches staff.
· Prepare and administer Performance Reviews, Performance Improvement Plans and Disciplinary Actions for department.
· Must have Bachelors Degree in Healthcare Administration or equivalent work experience
· 5 Yrs Supervisory or Management experience within Ophthalmology/Optometry or Medical office experience
· 5 Yrs Automated Integrated Practice Management software, Electronic Medical Record software, Centralized Scheduling software, and multi-line telephone system experience required.
· Working knowledge of ocular/medical terminology, medical billing websites, ICD/CPT-10 coding, patient scheduling, medical records management, patient chart audits, writing SOP’s, writing departmental training materials, and researching information to complete any issues that arise required.
· Formal hands on experience with employee performance management and resolving conflict management preferred.
· Ability to work flexible hours and travel to all offices within the practice