Opportunity to join our Future Focus Internship Program as an Underwriting Intern
Erie Insurance is committed to helping you learn and grow with a challenging internship position that will offer you relevant and real-world business experience. We are currently seeking many high-potential applicants for our upcoming summer internship program as Underwriting Interns!
Who should apply?
- Applications are accepted from full-time college students currently attending an accredited college or university to pursue a four-year degree or to complete a master’s degree program full-time
- A four-year degree student should be completing sophomore, junior, or senior year
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is required to be considered for an internship
- Please Note: We are unable to offer this position to individuals who will require current or future immigration sponsorship for employment.
About the Internship: The internship includes orientation to the company and the insurance industry through:
- A variety of challenging assignments in a stimulating work environment
- A personal mentor
- A welcome breakfast, monthly lunches and wrap up event
- A variety of educational, social and community service events allowing for collaboration with other interns
- Social events and other networking activities with senior leaders including the CEO
- Opportunity to participate in company-wide innovation challenges
- Relocation assistance may be available to those who qualify
- We have multiple talent programs and initiatives currently focused on attracting underrepresented students for internships, and other job opportunities here at ERIE Insurance, and ensuring our procedures are free from biases.
As an Underwriting Intern, you will:
- Be involved in risk selection, analyzing risk, risk management, decision making, account/portfolio management, managing business relationships and trend analysis.
- Gain hands on project experience surrounding investigations on emerging commercial and personal lines trends and data analysis of existing portfolio
- Collaborate between Underwriting and Risk Control to develop recommendations for underwriting new and existing business and improving risk management techniques for ERIE’s portfolio
- Gain shadowing opportunities that allow for exhibition of underwriting and independent agent interaction and decision making process, as well as experience with new business applications, re-underwriting analysis and system utilization
- Present to upper management on underwriting project topics and the development of product and coverage recommendations for the underwriting department to evaluate and incorporate into Erie’s risk appetite