Opportunity to join our Future Focus Internship Program as a Risk Control Intern
Erie Insurance is committed to helping you learn and grow with a challenging internship position that will offer you relevant and real-world business experience. We are currently seeking many high-potential applicants for our upcoming summer internship program as Risk Control Interns!
Who should apply?
- Applications are accepted from full-time college students currently attending an accredited college or university to pursue a four-year degree or to complete a master’s degree program full-time
- A four-year degree student should be completing sophomore, junior, or senior year
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is required to be considered for an internship
- Please Note: We are unable to offer this position to individuals who will require current or future immigration sponsorship for employment.
About the Internship: The internship includes orientation to the company and the insurance industry through:
- A variety of challenging assignments in a stimulating work environment
- A personal mentor
- A welcome breakfast, monthly lunches and wrap up event
- A variety of educational, social and community service events allowing for collaboration with other interns
- Social events and other networking activities with senior leaders including the CEO
- Opportunity to participate in company-wide innovation challenges
- Relocation assistance may be available to those who qualify
- We have multiple talent programs and initiatives currently focused on attracting underrepresented students for internships, and other job opportunities here at ERIE Insurance, and ensuring our procedures are free from biases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Risk Control Interns will perform project related work that impacts our business and operations. Projects can be research, data analysis, problem solving, and project management where creative thinking is encouraged.
- Use your safety knowledge to evaluate and analyze accident and insurance claim trends
- Propose solutions to reduce risk and accidents by identifying hazards and developing best practices
- Research emerging commercial business operations for risk, safety, and insurance
- Spend a day with a Risk Control Consultant in the field to experience their typical work day
- Job shadow by participating in scheduled meetings and calls to learn our business