Opportunity to join our Future Focus Internship Program as a Internal Audit Intern
Erie Insurance is committed to helping you learn and grow with a challenging internship position that will offer you relevant and real-world business experience. We are currently seeking many high-potential applicants for our upcoming summer internship program as Internal Audit Interns!
Who should apply?
- Applications are accepted from full-time college students currently attending an accredited college or university to pursue a four-year degree or to complete a master’s degree program full-time
- A four-year degree student should be completing sophomore, junior, or senior year
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is required to be considered for an internship
- Please Note: We are unable to offer this position to individuals who will require current or future immigration sponsorship for employment.
About the Internship: The internship includes orientation to the company and the insurance industry through:
- A variety of challenging assignments in a stimulating work environment
- A personal mentor
- A welcome breakfast, monthly lunches and wrap up event
- A variety of educational, social and community service events allowing for collaboration with other interns
- Social events and other networking activities with senior leaders including the CEO
- Opportunity to participate in company-wide innovation challenges
- Relocation assistance may be available to those who qualify
- We have multiple talent programs and initiatives currently focused on attracting underrepresented students for internships, and other job opportunities here at ERIE Insurance, and ensuring our procedures are free from biases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The purpose of the Internal Audit Department is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve ERIE’s operations. The mission of internal audit is to enhance and protect organizational value by providing independent risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. The Internal Audit Department helps the organization accomplish its strategy and objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
As an Internal Audit intern, you will:
- Be provided opportunities to develop skills and gain experience and knowledge of the Internal Audit profession, including risk management practices.
- Assist in conducting audit projects throughout the organization, impacting the control environment and providing executive management with assurance as to the adequacy of the design and the effectiveness of the controls in place.
- Interact and network with members of Internal Audit, process and control owners, and leaders throughout the organization, enabling the intern to build relationships that will benefit them their entire career.
- Use business systems and applications to electronically communicate, perform analysis, document tests of controls, and complete audit assignments.