Opportunity to join our Future Focus Internship Program as a Community & Economic Development and/or Government Relations Intern
Erie Insurance is committed to helping you learn and grow with a challenging internship position that will offer you relevant and real-world business experience. We are currently seeking many high-potential applicants for our upcoming summer internship program as Community & Economic Development and/or Government Relations Interns!
Who should apply?
- Applications are accepted from full-time college students currently attending an accredited college or university to pursue a four-year degree or to complete a master’s degree program full-time
- A four-year degree student should be completing sophomore, junior, or senior year
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is required to be considered for an internship
- Please Note: We are unable to offer this position to individuals who will require current or future immigration sponsorship for employment.
About the Internship: The internship includes orientation to the company and the insurance industry through:
- A variety of challenging assignments in a stimulating work environment
- A personal mentor
- A welcome breakfast, monthly lunches and wrap up event
- A variety of educational, social and community service events allowing for collaboration with other interns
- Social events and other networking activities with senior leaders including the CEO
- Opportunity to participate in company-wide innovation challenges
- Relocation assistance may be available to those who qualify
- We have multiple talent programs and initiatives currently focused on attracting underrepresented students for internships, and other job opportunities here at ERIE Insurance, and ensuring our procedures are free from biases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Community Outreach & Economic Development
- Community Outreach & Economic Development promotes ERIE in communities throughout our footprint through strategic partnerships and donations of money, materials and time.
- As an intern, you will learn how strategic charitable donation and economic development decisions are made and how employee giving and community service support growth and talent engagement.
- The insurance industry is highly regulated, and it is primarily regulated a state level. Learn how Erie Insurance and all insurance companies navigate the challenges of regulation, legislation and sometimes litigation so that we can provide the best possible service to our policyholders, while also being attentive to the needs of employees, agents and the communities we serve.
- Political engagement is an important aspect of successful government relations. We look for opportunities to support elected officials who we find will at least consider our position when making decisions. Learn why an investment in ERIE’s political engagement is an investment in the future of our workforce.