Opportunity to join our Future Focus Internship Program as a Business Continuity Intern
Erie Insurance is committed to helping you learn and grow with a challenging internship position that will offer you relevant and real-world business experience. We are currently seeking many high-potential applicants for our upcoming summer internship program as Business Continuity Interns!
Who should apply?
- Applications are accepted from full-time college students currently attending an accredited college or university to pursue a four-year degree or to complete a master’s degree program full-time
- A four-year degree student should be completing sophomore, junior, or senior year
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is required to be considered for an internship
- Please Note: We are unable to offer this position to individuals who will require current or future immigration sponsorship for employment.
About the Internship: The internship includes orientation to the company and the insurance industry through:
- A variety of challenging assignments in a stimulating work environment
- A personal mentor
- A welcome breakfast, monthly lunches and wrap up event
- A variety of educational, social and community service events allowing for collaboration with other interns
- Social events and other networking activities with senior leaders including the CEO
- Opportunity to participate in company-wide innovation challenges
- Relocation assistance may be available to those who qualify
- We have multiple talent programs and initiatives currently focused on attracting underrepresented students for internships, and other job opportunities here at ERIE Insurance, and ensuring our procedures are free from biases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Business Continuity and Programs Department is responsible for managing the Business Continuity, Operational Risk, and Integrated Risk Management Programs.
- Identify potential operational risks to the organization and analyze impacts to business operations from those risks.
- Oversee risks through the risk management lifecycle: identify, assess, respond, report, and monitor.
- Document requirements and tasks to recover business services and systems in response to a disruptive event.
- Exercise and maintain recovery plans.
As an intern in this area, you will:
- Gain a basic level understanding of business continuity, operational risk, and insurance company operations.
- Assist with the maintenance of various business continuity plans.
- Participate in business continuity exercises.
- Analyze and report summary information gathered from surveys.