What You’ll Do
At this critical stage of Empatico’s growth, we seek to deepen and expand partnerships between Empatico and like-minded organizations that share our vision and commitment for empathy and bridge-building. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated partnerships lead to expand our external relationships as well as support our marketing and communications strategy. This individual will work cross-functionally across the organization and play an integral role in creating a unified external message for the organization, supporting Empatico’s growth goals, and cultivating Empatico’s community of engaged educators and students. The ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator, both written and verbal, and is comfortable with many types of people in a variety of settings. This position will report to the Head of Programs and Partnerships, work closely with the organization leadership, and collaborate with most team members across the organization.
The scope of work for this role may evolve but will primarily focus on the following areas:
- Identify and generate new partnerships; reengage and grow existing relationships
- Conduct prospect research and lead efforts to expand the pipeline of Empatico’s potential partners through thoughtful outreach and relationship-building and management, representing Empatico at key events and conferences (virtually and eventually in person)
- Build and manage a portfolio of partners and prospects that may include like-minded organizations, technology platforms, corporate partners and other businesses, funders, community leaders, districts, etc.
- Create and refine the systems, processes, and tools for building and managing a partnerships pipeline, establishing clear goals, metrics, and performance measurements for stakeholder communications
- Partner closely with program and product teams to identify strategic opportunities for new programs and meet organization objectives
- Play a key role in shaping Empatico’s external narrative and support efforts to amplify Empatico’s brand, position, and thought leadership in empathy and education spaces
- Support Empatico’s communications and marketing strategies, encompassing key messaging, digital outreach, and earned media opportunities
What You’ll Bring to Empatico
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience in education technology, startup environment, and/or mission-driven organization
- Experience managing strategic relationships across diverse contexts with an ability to understand and empathize with others, build trust, and inspire
- Knowledge of current trends and issues in education and technology and/or the skill/motivation to learn about these sectors
- Takes initiative, with strong attention to detail and ability to manage a comprehensive workload and prioritize competing timelines
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Willingness to travel 30-40% of the time (when timing is appropriate)
- A sense of humor and the ability to laugh
- Experience as an educator
- Fluency in Spanish and/or other languages
- Experience in marketing and communications by successfully supporting brand alignment, digital marketing, product marketing, and/or the knowledge of the current marketing landscape within the education technology sector and digital platforms
What Empatico Offers
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Generous paid time off
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- Retirement savings plan with organizational matching
- Flexible work environment
- A chance to be part of a mission-driven organization and team that is dedicated to changing the world for the better
At Empatico (the signature initiative of The KIND Foundation), we are committed to an inclusive workplace where diversity in all its forms is championed. The KIND Foundation is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application with resume and cover letter through Workable. If you are excited about this position but feel you may not meet all the requirements, please apply anyway. We welcome candidates with a variety of backgrounds and experiences.