EmergyCare Is Hiring: Entry Level Non-Emergent Call Taker
Regular Full-Time Position in the Patient Services Department
Hours: M-F Day Shift
Erie, PA, US
The Non-Emergent Call Taker receives, evaluates and processes non-emergency transport calls coming in from the general public, nursing homes and medical facilities. After entering the pertinent information into the CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) system, the incumbent then initiates appropriate action based on the caller’s request. The incumbent performs any/all follow-up action as required. This position acts as a liaison between the Patient Services Department and the Communication (Dispatch) Center.
In addition, the Non-Emergent Call taker serves as a customer service representative when corresponding with many businesses, and therefore must exhibit an upbeat and professional demeanor at all times. This position requires the ability to maintain composure and professionalism under stressful conditions.
▪ Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
▪ Must have demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
▪ Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills which includes excellent telephone etiquette
▪ Must present a calm demeanor and maintain the ability to function with composure and professionalism under stressful conditions
▪ Must successfully complete the EmergyCare training program, which includes, non-emergency call taking and scheduling for wheelchair, stretcher, medical taxi and VA trips.
▪ Must have basic typing skills along with working knowledge of MS Office products
▪ Above average typing skills
▪ Prior customer service experience
▪ Working knowledge of medical insurance
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.