This is a full-time temporary position; however, there is a potential the position will become permanent.
The title of this position is University Registered Nurse. This is a full-time temporary position with working hours to accommodate a seven-day workweek. The employee in this position ensures the development, implementation and evaluation for comprehensive, individualized nursing care and treatment plans for each student/patient and requires a high degree of critical thinking, independent judgment and organizational skills. This will include planning, directing and coordinating episodic and observational care when assigned to work independently. This shift assignment is responsible to the Director of Ghering Health and Wellness Center. Evening and weekend assignments may function independently. Cyclical leave will occur with this position, depending on workload, during summer months and academic recesses.
There are no benefits to this temporary appointment.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assessment of illness or injury and consultation with a medical provider for further care or treatment when indicated.
- Treat minor injuries or illnesses symptomatically, in accordance with established guidelines.
- Administer medication, including the morning-after pill and birth control, and record all medications and treatments.
- Assist the Medical Provider in minor surgical procedures.
- Participate in the Peer Review Program.
- Participate in the majority of the staff meetings per semester; review minutes from all staff meetings and participate in staff in-service.
- Promote and maintain a safe, therapeutic, and sanitary environment for students, patients, and staff.
- Encourage communication between students and their families.
- Assist and participate in the orientation of professional and nonprofessional employees.
- Monitor Procedure and other appropriate Guideline Manuals and revise to maintain accuracy in order to maintain AAAHC accreditation standards.
- Participate in the COVID-19 mitigation plan, conduct COVID-19 rapid tests, and/or other appropriate educational sessions.
- Present health-focused programs, patient educational materials, and/or articles, which may be used at the Health Center or in the community.
- Participate in continuing education to maintain registered nursing licensure and applicable certifications in the appropriate area of nursing expertise.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Ghering Health and Wellness Center, Medical Director of the Student Health Services or the Interim Dean of Student Engagement
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Two years of professional nursing experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENT: Possession of a current license to practice as a registered nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing; or possession of a non-renewable temporary practice permit issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
Preferred Qualifications: BSN preferred.
Salary: $27.75 to $29.96, Commensurate with Experience
Deadline: For full consideration, applicants should apply by February 15, 2021; however, the position will remain open until filled.