Edinboro University is accepting online-only applications for an Assistant Director for International Recruitment & Admission. The primary responsibility of the Assistant Director for International Recruitment & Admission will be to facilitate the recruitment and enrollment of international students to Edinboro University. The secondary responsibility will be to assist with all facets of domestic recruitment and enrollment as needed. Works collaboratively with agents as assigned, Coordinator of Articulation and Transfer Admissions, Deans’ offices, colleges and academic departments to increase the recruitment and enrollment of undergraduate international students. This position involves working some evenings and weekends.
Specific duties of the Assistant Director for International Recruitment & Admission are:
- Implement the international recruitment strategies as planned by the Edinboro University administration and Enrollment Management team.
- Conduct research and trend analysis to make recruitment recommendations and create action plans for specific international markets. Provide regular reports to the Director of Admissions with recruitment and enrollment results of executing plan, initiatives, and new recommendations to improve the plan and future results.
- Meet or exceed recruitment and enrollment objectives and goals as set by the university administration.
- Recruiting new undergraduate international students to Edinboro University through targeted recruitment activities traveling extensively abroad and working online by representing Edinboro University at college fairs, attending professional conferences and setting up exhibits, conducting large and small group and one-on-one information sessions, webinars, etc. Evening and weekend work will be required, particularly during heavy travel seasons in the fall and spring semesters.
- Consult with the Director of Admissions to determine the best processes for handling international documents.
- Building relationships with high school and transfer counselors, agents as appropriate and assigned, reading/reviewing applications for admission, evaluating international documents, including exam scores/results and transcripts, to render admission decisions, answering phone calls, responding to emails, sending and replying to text messages, and meeting with prospective students and their families.
- Assist with building an extensive international prospect pool through purchase of names through TOEFL, College Board, ACT and/or other appropriate agencies. Creating a robust communication plan throughout the recruitment and application process for prospective international students to increase the yield of inquiries to enrollment.
- Provide professional and accurate information to students, parents, the Global Education Office, and various other campus offices, etc. concerning program information, course equivalencies, status of transfer evaluation, transfer policies, and other related information.
- Serve as the international content expert in the Office of Admissions, working with all areas to ensure accurate understanding of issues, handling of questions and review of international documents.
- Serve in other functions and capacities as deemed necessary by the Director of Admissions.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least two years of experience in higher education international recruitment and admission required or other related fields considered.
- Must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident per Department of Homeland Security regulations.
- Must be able to function independently, self-motivated, and demonstrate ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, written and organizational skills as well as cross-cultural sensitivity and the ability to work with students and scholars from diverse cultural backgrounds required.
- Valid driver’s license required
- Masters degree preferred
- International experience such as living, working or traveling abroad highly preferred.
- Knowledge of SEVIS regulations and experience working with the SEVIS database preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Spanish, Chinese, and/or other foreign language preferred.
- Experience with Banner or other student information systems preferred.
- Prior experience in recruiting and programming for international audiences preferred
Salary: $49,565 (Pay Range 38, Step 1)
Deadline: For full consideration, applicants should apply by February 26, 2021; however, the position will remain open until filled.