The Research department at Dimensional is integral in providing an outstanding investment experience to our clients. The team produces high-quality, thought-leadership research on investments and financial markets that is of interest to and helps educate clients. Research is also involved in the design and development of the firm’s investment approach and the application of that approach through portfolio management and trading.
Investment Analytics & Data (IAD) is part of the Research department within Dimensional. Data and data analysis are at the underpinnings of how Dimensional constructs and manages portfolios and works to provide the best investment experience possible for our clients. IAD is responsible for ownership of investment data, which means managing data from acquisition through distribution, driving analysis to create information from data, and creating the information and analysis consumed by internal and external reports. IAD is a hub group touching numerous areas of the implementation of the investments process and interacting with most other departments within Dimensional.
This ten-week program will expose interns to the day-to-day activities of the Research group. Interns will gain an understanding of what it’s like to be a Research Analyst at Dimensional, as they will be involved in projects that meet our firm’s current business needs. You will be expected to use your intellect, quantitative reasoning, and computational skills to identify and solve the various issues that arise in a fast-paced environment, working simultaneously on numerous individual projects and team-based initiatives. Projects may include helping produce high quality, academically grounded research to support our investments strategies, managing and distributing quality data and analysis to aid the portfolio management and sales processes, and developing new procedures based on evolving business requirements. This position is best suited for candidates who are interested in learning the broad principles of Dimensional’s investment philosophy and the nuanced application of those principles in our investment process.
- Minimum GPA of 3.2; GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred
- Pursuing an undergraduate or specialized masters degree with an expected graduation date of December 2022 – June 2023
- Experience working with large data sets.
- Knowledge of databases and query language (T-SQL, SAS) is highly considered, as pulling data from databases and performing analysis is a major component of the job.
- Programming skills (C#, Python, R, Stata, Java) are highly considered.
- Strong logic skills – ability to see the big picture while remaining detail focused.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are preferred.
- We are only considering Winter 2022 and Spring 2023 graduates
- Must be authorized to work in the US. If you are an F1 student requiring sponsorship in the future, your program must be STEM and eligible for the 2 year OPT extension.
Dimensional offers a variety of programs to help take care of you, your family, and your career, including comprehensive benefits, educational initiatives, and special celebrations of our history, culture, and growth.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our employees during COVID-19, the majority of Dimensional’s employees are currently working remotely. Firm leadership evaluates the situation on an ongoing basis as to when employees could return to our corporate offices.
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, covered veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training, job assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, discipline, termination, and social and recreational programs.