Summer Corporate Intern, #267
Dev Technology Group is seeking talented rising Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors for our Summer 2021 Internship Program. Interns will be based out of our headquarters in Reston, Virginia. This is an excellent opportunity for those seeking professional experience and exposure to corporate environments such as Talent Acquisition, Human Resources, Payroll, Business Development, Accounting, and Marketing.
Dev interns will gain first-hand experience and knowledge supporting a leading Information Technology provider supporting the Federal Government. The intern will support a project or corporate team applying technical thinking and problem solving to address current initiatives. As a part of the broader Summer Intern program, the Intern will gain experience and knowledge in three key areas: technology including new trends, professional work environments, and Government contracting. Here are some of the activities:
- Conduct research, analyze data and make recommendations
- Work with fellow Summer Interns on a technically focused project and present the groups’ results to the executive team at the end of the program. Past projects have included creating a mentorship web application and planning a hack-a-thon.
- Assist with running reports, analyzing data, and conducting surveys
- Manage Fall 2021 virtual job and college fairs
- Assist with the development of an organizational training calendar
- Support ADP process improvement activities
- Coordinate training activities for Engagedly
- Support data clean-up and migration within our MS SharePoint environment as well as new environments such as MS Dynamics
- Gather data and conduct proposal reviews
- Create a social media plan for 2021
- Attend corporate level meetings to learn about a broad spectrum of areas of the business, such as business development, finance, and project management
Required Skills and Experience:
- Rising Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors working toward a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A desire to learn new skills.
- The ability to follow through on tasks to completion.
- Must be able to commute to the Reston, Virginia office
- Start and end dates are flexible. The hours are flexible.
- Multiple internship opportunities are available.
- Candidates will be required to successfully clear a background check.
* Our Dev internship program is prepared to run remotely in the event of continued COVID-19 safety protocols. Dev’s corporate culture fosters continuous opportunities for learning and development; innovation and resilience are two of our core values.
Dev Technology is a growing IT company with an employee-centric culture that works on mission-critical projects for the federal government. We partner with our federal customers to deliver technology services and solutions, and to drive our client’s missions forward through innovation. We use Agile and DevSecOps principles to provide services including application development, biometrics and identity management, cloud and infrastructure optimization, IT and legacy modernization, and data management.
As a Washington Post Top Workplace award winner for the past six years and a recipient of the Companies As Responsive Employers (CARE) Award two years in a row, Dev Technology employees enjoy:
- Flexible work schedules and telework options. (All Teams are 100% remote during the stay at home orders.)
- Career development opportunities including a mentorship program, technical and management training through Dev University, hands-on learning through DevLab, and tuition assistance.
- Industry-leading benefits including a choice of two health plans that include dental and vision; flexible spending account; commuter benefits; life insurance; and more.
- 401K matching with immediate vesting and end of year profit sharing.
- Regular team and company social events including our annual party, sporting events and concerts, happy hours, fitness challenges, and more.
- A focus on community engagement including companywide support activities, employer match for donations, and time off for volunteer efforts.
- To learn more about working at Dev visit, Learn About A Day At Dev