A career with the Delaware County Intermediate Unit (DCIU) Delaware County Technical Schools Practical Nursing Program is professionally and personally rewarding because you are preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s nursing opportunities by providing innovative, meaningful technical training, a foundation for life-long learning, and marketable credentials for high-wage, high-demand careers. We invite you to become a part of a long-standing tradition of service that is the hallmark of DCIU.
The job of Registered Nurse Educator was established for the purpose of providing support to the instructional process by serving as an educator with specific responsibility for supervising adult students within the classroom and other assigned clinical areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nursing, from an approved school of professional nursing
- Experience in clinical nursing or nursing education
- Current PA state licensure as a professional nurse
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using instructional technology to enhance all learning environments
- Master’s Degree in nursing, from an approved school of professional nursing
- Experience in clinical nursing with direct patient care or experience in nursing education
Faculty is responsible for classroom teaching as well as to instruct students at clinical sites or perform clinical simulations. Teaching days are usually Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday at the Marple Campus from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Most clinicals are held on Thursday and Friday from 7:00 AM to 2:30 PM taking students to clinical sites. The program is closed on weekends, most major holidays, the last week in July, and the month of August. A comprehensive employee benefit package with pension is available to full time employees.
Faculty is needed two days per week to instruct students at clinical sites or perform clinical simulations. Most clinicals are on Thursday and Friday 7:00 AM to 2:30 PM with an additional 2 hours prep time.
Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Full time salary starts at $50,525 per year. Part Time salary starts at $37.00 hourly.