If you’ve ever taken a medicine, received a vaccine or had blood drawn for a lab test, you’ve already benefited from the powerful work of 57,000+ exceptional employees across Covance and LabCorp. By supporting leading pharmaceuticals and 600+ biotech companies through our contract research organization (CRO), Covance employees help improve health, improve lives and bring new medicines to market. Along with our parent company, LabCorp, the world’s leading health care diagnostics company, we offer dynamic career opportunities in more than 97 countries.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp/Covance 2021 Global Internship Program as a Quality Assurance Intern in Madison, WI!
We offer real work assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Healthcare disciplines, are challenging and recognized to the organization as valuable. In addition, we encourage professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help students prepare for a thriving career in our industry.
In addition to departmental and professional development work, our interns have the opportunity:
- To showcase their work to senior management, their supervisor and mentors
- Participate in a group philanthropic project as part of our dedication to the community
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team:
- The Covance Quality Assurance Unit is responsible for ensuring the quality and regulatory compliance of the Covance Drug Development business.
Internship Assignment Summary:
- Improve efficiency and workflow in the department by completing a process improvement project.
- Engage in professional development workshops to enhance your business acumen and professional presence
- Become familiar with the requirements of the FDA Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) Regulations 21CFR Part 58
- Learn to perform audits to verify conformance to applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and regulatory requirements
- Learn to evaluate responses to inspection reports and perform follow up as necessary to ensure resolution.
- Working towards an associates degree
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas both orally and in writing
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Ability to multitask, and enjoys working in a fast-paced,detail oriented environment