Explore a Career in Higher Education Advancement next Summer and Get Paid!
The Council for Advancement and Support of Education is looking for undergraduate and graduate students of all majors interested in exploring a career in alumni relations, fundraising, communications and marketing and advancement services.
CASE Advancement Intern
The Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) is a professional association serving educational institutions and the advancement professionals who work on their behalf in alumni relations, communications, development, marketing and allied areas.
Today, CASE’s membership includes nearly 3,700 colleges and universities, primary and secondary independent and international schools, and non-profit organizations in more than 80 countries around the globe. This makes CASE one of the world’s largest non-profit educational associations in terms of institutional membership. CASE serves more than 85,000 practitioners.
About the CASE Advancement Internship Program:
The CASE Advancement Internship Program is an eight-week summer internship designed with the goal to increase the number of diverse professionals in educational advancement. The internship is a full-time internship at a host institution in which interns receive on-the-job training and gain valuable skills in the five professional areas of advancement – alumni relations, advancement services, communications and marketing, fundraising and development.
Dates & Stipend:
Internships run June 7 – July 30, 2021
Stipends varies by host. The majority of host institutions participating in the program offer a $5,000 stipend or hourly wage.
Internship will either be remote or in person and decided by the institution.
In addition to receiving a stipend, CASE Advancement Interns receive a number of professional development benefits designed to assist students in exploring a career in advancement while networking with professionals in the industry. Benefits include:
· Three day CASE Advancement Internship Conference in Washington, DC
· Participation in introductory CASE advancement webinars and workplace success virtual seminars
· A designated from the CASE Bookstore
· Mentor from your institution
· Participation in CASE’s e-Mentoring program to network with an advancement professional outside your institution
· CASE student membership for one year after the internship, accessing complimentary CASE webinars, the CASE library and Career Central
· Regular communication post-internship on entry-level job postings and career development opportunities
Eligibility Criteria and Application Requirements
1. Applicants must be an undergraduate, graduate student or a recent graduate within six months of the internship start date.
2. An updated resume
3. Two letters of recommendation, signed and on letterhead
4. A statement purpose and commitment to diversity: In a statement of up to 750 words, please share your interest in educational advancement, how the internship program would future your interest, and the importance of diversity with the workplace.
Application must be completed by February 5, 2021 to be considered. No applications will be accepted after this deadline. In the application, you will have the opportunity to select up to 8 host institutions for CASE to send your online application materials.
CASE believes that successful advancement offices will employ individuals who can tap the resources of diverse alumni, who expect approaches and programming to mirror their cultures, values and experiences.
CASE aspires to help institutions connect with their diverse constituencies and create pathways for current and future employees of diverse backgrounds. CASE is committed to assisting young professionals of diverse backgrounds in beginning a career in advancement.
To Apply (By the Feb. 5, 2021 Deadline):
Please complete the online application form.
Key Words: Internship, Alumni Relations, Annual Fund & Giving, Campaigns, Constituency Giving, Corporate & Foundation Relations, Direct Mail, Diversity, Fundraising, Major & Matched Gifts, Online Fundraising, Phonathon, Advancement Services, Communication & Marketing, Special Events