Are you a passionate person with experience working with children or adolescents? Are you looking for a rewarding position to provide educational and support services to our kiddos in their home settings during day – time hours?
We are currently seeking Paraprofessionals to provide services to students to facilitate learning, social development and academic achievement while ensuring Free Appropriate Public Education (FAPE).
Connecting the Pieces specializes in providing treatment to learners who are diagnosed with, but not limited to, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Specific Learning Disability, Intellectual Disability, Down Syndrome, as well as learners with no diagnosis who require assistance.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Implement student’s behavior plan throughout the school day and across other non-school settings as indicated
• Monitor and collect data on each IEP goal and identified target areas of concern
• Work collaboratively with the IEP team, including school and behavioral personnel
• Obtain daily signatures/authorizations from parents or guardians
• Input data into CTP and school specific systems regarding schedules, hours worked, attendance, cancellations, and other required information in a timely fashion
• Assist student to meet superior Educational and Behavioral Benchmarks
• Maintain open and continuous communication with CTP office staff
• Possess an Associate degree or higher
• 1 to 2 years’ experience working with children; preferably with special needs
• PA State Clearance (Criminal, Child Abuse and FBI; Department of Education)
• Tuberculosis Test & Results
• Mandated Reporting
• Pediatric CPR/First Aid
Benefits of working as a Paraprofessional Contractor for Connecting The Pieces:
• Flexibility in schedule creation within regular school hours (typically 8 am-4 pm) – select cases that fit your schedule availability
• Ability to set your own pay rate – you determine how much you make per hour
Connecting the Pieces is an equal employment opportunity provider. We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in relation to the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity, against victims of domestic violence, sexual offenses, or stalking, or upon any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.