Improve the health of your community by joining the Pennsylvania Department of Health’s COVID-19 team. Community Health Nurses assess, plan, implement and evaluate public health services and COVID-19 initiatives, as well as provide direct public health services and community liaison activities. Become part of our team today!
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM; Monday – Friday; 1 hour lunch period.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this posting.
- Position will service Southeast District and encompasses Berks, Delaware, Lancaster and Schuylkill counties. Work location to be determined with selected candidate.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The work performed by a Community Health Nurse helps to ensure the health of the community where they work and live by: assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating COVID-19 related public health services and initiatives, as well as providing direct public health services and community liaison activities. This is a full-time, limited-term position with an end date of November 19, 2022. This position monitors COVID-19 surveillance/investigation activities by accessing public health information systems, performs clinical practices applicable to community health nursing in the provision of public health services, and performs contact tracing, monitoring, and documentation.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- Necessary Special Requirement – Possession of a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing; OR possession of a non-renewable temporary practice permit issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- Condition of Employment – Employees possessing non-renewable temporary practice permits must obtain licensure as a Registered Nurse within the one-year period as defined by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.