Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This internship is a summer program based out of multiple office locations within Comcast’s Central Division. The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus engagement, partner organizations, and direct applications. As an intern in the program, you would expect to work a 40 hour/week schedule over the course of 11 weeks throughout the summer.
Additionally, your experience will include:
Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions are inclusive of speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
West Palm Beach, FL
As a Talent Solutions Intern, you can expect to be engaged in thought-provoking projects, cultivate meaningful relationships and gain exposure to the day-to-day operations of a Fortune 500 media and technology company. The role will work closely with leadership in Talent Acquisition and Talent Management to coordinate and organize recruitment strategies and activities, assist in the full cycle recruitment process, and support in aligning overall workforce initiatives with business objectives. This role is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced environment that requires a ‘customer-first’ orientation to succeed.
Comcast has multiple internship opportunities and your responsibilities will vary; functional areas may include but not limited to:
– Supports projects in the talent acquisition arena ranging from employment branding to candidate experience feedback surveys and talent reporting
– Coordinates and serves as a resource for the recruitment process
– Maintains applicant tracking system by posting, monitoring, and closing job requisitions, and updating candidate statuses throughout the selection process
– Supports Recruiters in sourcing and screening candidates using internal posting systems, external postings, outreach efforts, employee referrals, etc
– Assists in the scheduling and preparation of candidate interviews and testing by sending confirmations or itineraries, coordinating travel arrangements (when necessary,) managing interview day logistics and providing timely follow up
– Assists in the coordination of Open Houses and Group Information Sessions
– Partner with the University Relations team and functional leaders to determine campus recruiting goals and for the program’s continued success and expansion
– Contribute content and creative ideas to promote early career talent through marketing materials, website, social media, and advertising channels
– Help to organize and document all campus recruitment content and communications
– Help develop and execute the organization’s strategic workforce diversity and inclusion plan to align inclusion initiatives with business objectives
– Support talent acquisition efforts in developing sourcing strategies, networks and metrics for recruiting underrepresented talent
– Identify and establish partnerships with external diverse professional organizations for recruitment branding and cultivating diverse talent pipelines and actively recruiting top talent for priority positions and projects
– Create and update diversity and inclusion marketing materials
– Research and recommend diversity network activities
– Support in the planning and logistics for key diversity initiatives and events, conferences, sponsorship and other activities
– Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
– Authorized to work in the United States of America
– Ability to work a minimum of 35 hours per week during the duration of the internship
– Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications, cable and media industries
– Ability to work independently and in group settings
– Prior business exposure through internships, work experiences or campus organizations is preferred
– Currently pursuing a major in: Human Resources, Business Administration or related field preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer