Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This internship is a summer program based out of multiple office locations within Comcast’s Central Division. The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus engagement, partner organizations, and direct applications. As an intern in the program, you would expect to work a 40 hour/week schedule over the course of 11 weeks throughout the summer.
Additionally, your experience will include:
Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions are inclusive of speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
West Palm Beach, FL
The Human Resources Interns will assist full time coordinators and managers on a wide variety of projects. You can expect to be engaged in thought-provoking projects, cultivate meaningful relationships and gain exposure to the day-to-day human resources operations of a Fortune 500 media and technology company. The role will be focused on helping execute on significant projects within the business and will require exceptional organizational skills. This role is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced environment that requires a ‘customer-first’ orientation to succeed.
Role responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Research and resolve issues related to HR processes that impact the employee experience
– Ability to handle confidential information
– Self-motivated to take initiative and ownership on issues and manage to resolution
– Assists with internal events for employees to promote company benefits and employee wellness
– Demonstrated strong ability to build relationships internally and externally
– Collaborate cross-functionally to achieve goals
– Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
– Assist with all HR reporting facets including creating and running ad-hoc reports
– Provides administrative and technical support to the Human Resources department on a variety of other functions
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
– Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
– Authorized to work in the United States of America
– Ability to work a minimum of 35 hours per week during the duration of the internship
– Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications, cable and media industries
– Ability to work independently and in group settings
– Prior business exposure through internships, work experiences or campus organizations is preferred
– Currently pursuing a major in: Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer