Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This internship is a summer program based out of multiple office locations within Comcast’s Central Division. The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus engagement, partner organizations, and direct applications. As an intern in the program, you would expect to work a 40 hour/week schedule over the course of 11 weeks throughout the summer.
Additionally, your experience will include:
Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions are inclusive of speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
West Palm Beach, FL
The Government Affairs Interns will assist full time project coordinators and managers on a variety of projects. As a government affairs intern, you should expect to assist with the coordination and management of Corporate Government Affairs programs, including working with other departments to gather relevant data and coordinate many of the Company’s advocacy efforts. The role will be focused on helping to execute on significant projects within the business and will require exceptional organizational skills. This role is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced environment that requires a ‘customer-first’ orientation to succeed.
Role responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Assists in development and presentation of materials for use by Company personnel in lobbying and outreach efforts
– Creates films, slides or other visual presentations and plans
– Writes promotional material, articles, updates for social media sites and coordinates press releases
– Coordinates various tasks related to special community affairs programs
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
– Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
– Authorized to work in the United States of America
– Ability to work a minimum of 35 hours per week
– Strong interest in the telecommunications, cable and media industries
– Ability to work independently and in group settings
– Prior business exposure through internships, work experiences or campus organizations is preferred
– Currently pursuing a major in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related fields
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer