Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 40 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
This internship is a summer program based out of Comcast’s Central Division office in Atlanta, GA. The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus engagement, partner organizations, and direct applications. As an intern in the program, you would expect to work a 40 hour/week schedule over the course of 11 weeks throughout the summer.
Additionally, your experience will include:
Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions are inclusive of speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
The Employee Communications Intern will assist full time coordinators and managers on a variety of projects. As an Employee Communications intern, your role will be centered around assisting with management and maintenance of the organization, publication, and documentation aspects of Employee Communications tools and projects and to provide project support. Interns will gain exposure to communications planning conversations with senior executives. The role will be focused on helping to execute on significant projects within the business and will require exceptional organizational skills. This role is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced environment that requires a ‘customer-first’ orientation to succeed.
Role responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Assists with the organization, documentation, and publication of all Employee Communications content and communications
– Assists in coordinating with content providers in the design and development of job aids, learning tools, and other communications to enhance user effectiveness
– Contributes to strategy and messaging, reviews and edits content of communications materials to ensure content meets established communications standards and guidelines before publication
– Maintains existing documentation to ensure accuracy and relevance
– Participates in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance
– Keeps communications fresh, creative, and engaging
– Thinks critically to help develop and communicate strategies to support business objectives
– Creatively solve business issues through innovation of new ideas
– Collaborate closely with key internal partners to execute project plans designed to meet Comcast’s objectives
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
– Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
– Authorized to work in the United States of America
– Ability to work a minimum of 35 hours per week during the duration of the internship
– Strong interest in the telecommunications, cable and media industries
– Ability to work independently and in group settings
– Prior business exposure through internships, work experiences or campus organizations is preferred
– Currently pursuing a major in: Communications, Writing, English, Business Administration, Marketing, or related major
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer