SUMMARY OF FUNCTION
Located in Colorado Springs, Colorado this Turnaround Principal provides transformational leadership to planning, launching and managing a turnaround school. This includes implementing an improvement model which focuses on high student achievement; building a positive school climate that supports the whole student; leveraging research and data to drive initiatives and instruction, and building a high-performing staff and leadership team to achieve the school’s vision and goals. The Turnaround Principal will collaborate with parents, community members, as well as other internal/external resources and stakeholders to implement new educational programs, capital improvements, systems, tools and other resources to accelerate student achievement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Develop, monitor, and evaluate staff to build their capacity to meet the learning needs of all students by aggressive data monitoring of achievement under high accountability with unified Improvement Plan goals and School Performance Framework metrics.
· Serve as an instructional leader by coordinating the development of and monitoring the implementation of the school improvement plan in accordance with the district mission.
· Develop, implement and sustain an embedded collaborative professional learning model, which focuses on improving instructional practices and increasing student achievement.
· Use data to analyze and plan for differentiated support for staff and students.
· Develop and implement a school-wide plan to ensure the safety of students and staff in accordance with established district policies and procedures.
· Communicate and collaborate with families and community members, respond to diverse community interest and needs and mobilize community resources.
· Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND COMPETENCIES
· Driving for Results – strong capacity and proven experiences to achieve outstanding results and the task-oriented actions required for success.
· Influencing for Results – motivating others and influencing behavior to obtain results. Turnaround Principal recognizes they cannot accomplish change alone; they must rely on the distributed leadership work and commitment of others.
· Problem-Solving – strategic analysis of data to inform decisions, executing clear and logical plans that staff may follow, and ensure a strong connection between school learning goals and daily classroom activity.
· Confidence to Lead – staying visible, focused, committed, and self-assured despite personal and professional challenges that are common during high accountability.
· Consistently demonstrates and communicates the belief that students will perform at high levels when they have access to excellent teaching.
· Wants to lead specifically in urban community and conveys reasonable understanding of potential challenges involved in leadership with divergent needs of the school.
· Oral and written fluency in second language is preferred.
· Colorado Initial or Professional School Principal License required (or have ability to attain at time of contract offer);
· Master’s degree in education or education-related field;
· Classroom teaching and/or contractual administrative experience preferred (at the level of the posted position).
The turnaround principal is responsible to the Superintendent and his or her staff, which includes the Superintendent’s Executive Cabinet and the Executive Director of School Leadership. The principal directs the work of all employees assigned to the school. The principal interacts with and focuses on students and community.
The work is performed in a typical office environment.
Typical positions require workers to walk or stand for long periods; lift and carry up to 20 pounds; climb stairs, bend, reach, hold, grasp and turn objects; and use fingers to operate computer or typewriter keyboards. The work requires the ability to speak normally and to use normal or aided vision and hearing.
From: $103,714 to $112,263/year
This position is eligible for benefits. Benefits include the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, District Paid Life Insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Voluntary Short Term Disability, Voluntary Long-term Disability, Medical Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, and Employee Assistance Program.
Per approval by the Board of Education: All Executive Professional employees shall be allocated $1500 annually towards a Professional Development Fund (PDF). Amount allocated will be prorated based upon date and length of hire. Rules and restrictions of use provided in the Executive Professional Meet and Confer Handbook – ARTICLE 8. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND.
Per annual approval by the Board of Education: Employees shall be reimbursed at the rate established by the Board when a privately owned automobile is required to be used in the performance of official duty. Rules and restrictions of use provided in the Certified Teachers CSEA Master Agreement – Article 10.6 TEACHING CONDITIONS/ASSIGNMENTS and/or the Educational Support Professional Meet and Confer Handbook – 17.4 MILEAGE ALLOWANCE.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Colorado Springs School District 11 seeks to comply with applicable laws prohibiting discrimination in employment on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or disability.
A COMPLETE PRE-REGISTRATION INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING (MUST BE SCANNED IN):
*A completed online submission
*An up-to-date professional resume. Please ensure that your resume includes both months and years for all certified work experience over the last 15 years. These dates will only be reviewed once for your salary offer.
*A legible copy of all official college transcripts. Please provide ALL Transcripts, Bachelor’s level and above. Compensation offers will be reviewed once for credits related to your salary offer.
*Three letters of recommendation;
*A legible copy of your principal license(s)
To upload documents into your application, click on the blue FAQ Sheet link on our Employment webpage. It is located on the Teacher Opportunities page and should be read before you begin. Any uploaded documents will carry over to future applications in D11.