Title: Teacher, Technology (Elementary School)
Reports To: Principal
Employee Type: Full Time, School Year Only, Salaried, Exempt
To develop students’ technical skills and competency, the use of technology, and the ability to problem solve in a wide variety of settings.
This list is intended to be illustrative rather than complete and serves to show major duties and responsibilities and does not express or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. The employee will be required to perform other duties requested by the supervisor and/or school administrator.
- Develops and administers technology education curriculum consistent with CCS goals and objectives
- Designs learning activities to demonstrate the application of technical skills to everyday existence; guides students in the selection of projects or experiments
- Instructs students in the proper use, care, and safe handling of tools and equipment
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement, and attendance as required by CCS procedures and applicable laws
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents
- Enforces the CCS Student Code of Conduct, the CCS Uniform Code, and the CCS Computer Usage Code
- Promotes good citizenship through actions as a role model
- Conducts himself or herself according to professional, ethical principles that reflect favorably upon the individual and the school
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality pertaining to school and students’ information, progress, and records.
- Abides by the CCS Employee Manual, CCS policies and procedures, and all current PA Public School expectations
- A four-year college degree and PA Technology Education (PK-12) Teacher Certification. If certification is from a different state, PA certification must be obtained within a determined timeframe.
- Experience with G-Suite for Education preferred
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed
- Ability to set priorities and adapt to change
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth
- Advanced knowledge of computer operations
- Required Clearances include Criminal Background Clearance (Act 34), Child Abuse Clearance (Act 151), and FBI Fingerprint Clearance (Act 114), all dated within one year of receipt
- Meets criteria for employment in a PA Public School
Work Environment and Physical Demands
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb stairs, and reach overhead
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Noise level in the work environment is usually mild to moderate depending on the specific site