Title: Teacher, Elementary School Spanish
Reports To: Principal
Supervises: Instructional Assistant (if applicable)
Employee Type: Full Time, 205-Days, Salary
This Position Description is a general guide to the responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, and qualifications of the position. Collegium Charter School’s Administration may assign or reassign responsibilities, duties, or tasks, depending on school or student needs.
I am part of an educational team that prepares students for the rigors of college and life.
- Provides students with an appropriate, personalized classroom learning experience that contributes to the achievement of the goals and objectives of the curriculum.
- Shares a commitment to the success of the mission, goals, and objectives of CCS.
- Accepts responsibility for students’ achievement.
- Implements curriculum under the direction of the Curriculum Coordinator(s).
- Enforces the CCS Student Code of Conduct, the CCS Uniform Code, and the CCS Computer Usage Code.
- Develops, implements and keeps current students’ Personalized Education Plan.
- When applicable, guides the learning process toward the achievement of the goals and objectives listed in a student’s IEP under the direction of the Director of Learning Support.
- Demonstrates effective planning and organization for instruction.
- Selects appropriate materials for implementation of CCS’s curriculum and adapts materials and methods to learning styles and abilities of students.
- Uses creative instructional methods and procedures and adapts effectively to unusual situations.
- Motivates students to achieve at their highest level of ability and potential through classroom activities, assignments, relationships, participation, and feedback; holds high expectations and demonstrates sensitivity to different learning styles.
- Uses resources effectively to support learning activities in the classroom, the school, and the community.
- Demonstrates exceptional classroom techniques.
- Communicates clearly with students, parents, CCS staff and administration.
- Works cooperatively with parents and generates parents’ confidence in the teacher and CCS.
- Demonstrates genuine concern for students in a climate characterized by high personal and student expectations.
- Promotes good citizenship through actions as a role model.
- Provides a classroom atmosphere based on the principles of firm, fair, and consistent practices, respect for individual children, and the development of responsible citizenship.
- Participates in the development of policies and regulations that affect instruction and conditions for success.
- Uses technology effectively for instruction, record keeping and other administrative tasks, and communications.
- Shares responsibility for professional, cooperative staff relations and for out-of-class activities important to the operation of the school, including demonstrating flexibility when working with colleagues in learning support and special areas. This also includes attendance at all staff, committee and grade level meetings.
- Performs recess and bus duty as scheduled.
- Conducts himself or herself according to professional, ethical principles.
- Continually strives to improve classroom methods, teaching techniques, and interpersonal relationships and maintains a current knowledge of educational trends.
- Displays personal qualities that reflect favorably upon the individual and the school.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality pertaining to students’ information, progress and records.
- Provides direction and supervision of assigned Instructional Assistants.
- Assumes other responsibilities assigned by the Principal.
- Abides by the CCS Employee Manual as well as CCS policies and procedures.
A four-year college degree with PA State Spanish Teacher Certification. If certification is not from PA, PA certification must be obtained within 12 months of employee’s start date.
- Demonstrated competence as a classroom teacher.
- Demonstrated competence in all areas of content responsibility.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations and proficient with MS office products, or equivalent products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Criminal Background Clearance, Child Abuse Clearance, and FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
- Meets criteria for employment in a PA Public School.
Job Performance Requirements
The mental and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to exhibit mental dexterity to dial a telephone, to enter data into a computer, to read a computer screen and printed material, to hear and understand speech at normal classroom levels outdoors, and on the telephone, and to speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly in normal classrooms, outdoors, and on the telephone.
- Ability to physically lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, climb stairs, and reach overhead.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and student assessments.
- Ability to interface diplomatically with other administrators, teachers, parents, students, Board members, support staff, colleagues, and outside professional contacts.
- Ability to coordinate and use technology for student attendance and grade tracking, as a teaching aid, and for communications, classroom instruction purposes, and more.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.