CohnReznick currently has an exciting opportunity for a Contract Audit Intern to join the Government Contract Audit and Advisory Services practice located in our Tysons, VA office.
If you are:
- A highly dedicated professional with impressive credentials and driven by new challenges and growth opportunities
- A team player who believes in providing world-class client service and interested in becoming immersed in various industries
- Looking for a work environment that values and promotes camaraderie, collaboration and giving back to the community
Look ahead. Imagine more. And consider joining the CohnReznick team.
The Contract Audit interns will benefit from working in collaborative workgroups and receive mentoring from peers and managers. Contract Audit staff perform test work on multiple types of performance audits ranging from $10M-$2B. They demonstrate professional creativity in dealing with client matters and make constructive suggestions to improve client operations. The Contract Audit staff effectively analyzes transactions, recognizing potential allowability issues, conducts appropriate research, and works closely with managers on resolving the issues. Specific duties include:
Audit and Accounting
- Perform audit procedures in accordance with GAGAS, firm standards and in an accurate, thorough and timely manner
- Participation in pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable
- Understand and apply concepts of materiality and audit risk.
- Prepare work papers that are informative, indexed, cross-referenced and can easily be understood and explained.
- Accept responsibility for, and complete tasks assigned by CohnReznick management in a timely fashion.
- Make effective use of firm resources to complete a project.
- Alert CohnReznick management in a timely fashion of any issues, constraints, challenges, and/or scheduling conflicts that may arise in completing the assigned task(s).
Personal and Professional Development
- Pursue opportunities to develop technical skills and industry knowledge. Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, creativity and independent thinking.
- Actively participate in CohnReznick internal development programs, including staff training courses.
- Earn confidence of colleagues and clients through professional interactions and increased knowledge.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting. Government Contracts Accounting Certificate/minor preferred
- Working toward CPA eligibility while pursuing 150 credits by September 2022
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in both your major and overall
- Successful completion of two intermediate accounting courses prior to the start of your internship
- Leadership positions in extracurricular activities are looked favorably upon, as well as work and internship experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- General computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- CohnReznick is ranked among the largest accounting, tax and business advisory firms in the United States
- A unique culture that values collaboration in everything we do
- A team of professionals driven by a sense of excellence, integrity, commitment to lifelong learning, respect for one another, adaptability, and making a difference
- A network of 2,700 professionals committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and giving back to the communities in which we live and work
- Varied career paths supported by strong professional development programs and resources
- A flexible work environment with competitive benefits
Connect with us:
CohnReznick is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include background check and credit check
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.