We are seeking Staff Accountants to join our Greenwood Village office within the Business Operations (BizOps) group. As a Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for performing a variety of client assignments across a broad spectrum of industries and service areas. You’ll utilize your accounting educational background to provide excellent client service and help our clients reach their goals.
- Support a variety of accounting functions for clients including transactional processing, account reconciliations, and preparation of financial statements.
- Ability to identify client issues concerning generally accepted accounting principles (FASB / SFAS), specifically related to particular industry.
- Complete non-complex account reconciliations, such as bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare non-complex financial statements and required work papers to support the financial statements.
- Process transactions which may include: accounts payable/cash disbursements processing, accounts receivable/cash receipts processing and payroll processing/coordination.
- Gains a thorough understanding of the financial operations of industry specific engagements (i.e. non profit, healthcare, manufacturing, etc)
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required.
- Proficiency and aptitude for applicable software (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc).
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of accounting software packages
- Ability to travel to client sites
- Strong organization skills/goal orientation/self-motivation.
- Ability to handle pressure in a positive professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Communication is clear, concise, and considerate of the needs of others.
- Works cooperatively with others and values the different contributions people make.
- Focus efforts on managing work and key client relationships to exceed client expectations.
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click here to learn about your hiring rights.