Provide special education students with learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Develop or modify curricula and prepare lessons and other instructional materials to student ability levels. Work in self-contained, team, departmental, or itinerant capacity as assigned.
Additional Job Information:
* Participates in IEP conferences including behavior management plans, functional analysis of behavior, placement, and annual reviews.
* Develops strategies for maintaining a classroom environment conducive to effective learning and utilizes effective teaching methods and employs a variety of instructional techniques appropriate to the maturity, interests, and needs of the students.
* Provides appropriate diagnostic testing, identifies student capabilities and monitors student progress on a regular basis.
* Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law, CCPS, and GaDOE policies.
* Communicates with parents on an
individual or small group basis.
* Consults with appropriate professional staff regarding a student’s educational program.
Bachelor’s Degree required with a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
A minimum of one (1) year’s teaching experience is preferred.
Special Education General Curriculum & all five content areas (currently GACE Tests 081/082 + 087/088 for P-8) High School is Special Education General Curriculum and content-specific tests.