The High School English Language Arts Teacher is given the duty of instructing students in a variety of English Language Arts courses. The candidate is to show expertise at teaching each level, providing the opportunity for students to obtain proficiency in the subject at each appropriate level. Additionally, applicants will be expected to:
* Teach courses that include both teacher-focused and student-focused scenarios;
* Promote student engagement in order to inspire and encourage progress while supporting and strengthening the learning capabilities of each student;
* Prepare and deliver daily lessons to students on standard English Language Arts topics;
* Maintain a healthy learning environment for the students in the classroom while monitoring and managing students’ behavior, including appropriate enforcement of student behavior rules;
* Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts;
* Keep abreast of developments in the English Language Arts field by reading current
* Maintain accurate, complete and appropriate records and files.
Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of a 2.50 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Must have a clear renewable certificate or be eligible for a clear renewable certificate in English Language Arts (6-12)