To provide services to special education students so that educational progress can be monitored and enhanced, and so that programming can be established.
Additional Job Information:
* Participates in IEP conferences including behavior management plans, functional analysis of behavior, placement, and annual reviews.
* Develops strategies for maintaining a classroom environment conducive to effective
learning and utilizes effective teaching methods and employs a variety of instructional techniques appropriate to the maturity, interests, and needs of the students.
* Provides appropriate diagnostic testing, identifies student capabilities and monitors student progress on a regular basis.
* Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law, CCPS, and GaDOE policies.
* Communicates with parents on an individual or small group basis.
* Consults with appropriate professional staff regarding a student’s educational program.
Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
A minimum of one (1) year’s teaching experience is preferred.
Special Education Adapted Curriculum & all five content areas (currently GACE Tests 083/084 + 087/088 for P-8) High School is Special Education Adapted Curriculum and content-specific tests.
- SPECIAL EDUCATION ADAPTED CURRICULUM (P-12)