ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The list of Essential Duties and Responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.
1. Administers appropriate District curriculum which is aligned with the NVACS.
2. Conducts classes in the language of instruction.
3. Creates and maintains a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning condition in the instructional environment.
4. Develops and implements the Components of an Effective Lesson for instruction.
5. Analyzes student progress and provides appropriate instruction.
6. Provides a classroom management/discipline plan ensuring safety at all times.
7. Ensures assessment regulations and guidelines are followed at all times.
8. Develops a classroom climate that promotes positive learning conditions.
9. Works professionally with administrators, staff, parents, and the community.
10. Integrates technology into the instructional program.
11. Ensures the opportunity for all students to learn in a supportive environment.
12. Participates in other job-related duties and activities related to the position, as assigned.
Position Requirements: Education/Experience, Training:
An earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Licenses and Certifications
1. Must possess or be able to acquire by the time of appointment to the position, a teaching license issued by the Nevada Department of Education.
2. Must hold, or be able to hold by the time of appointment to the position, the appropriate foreign language endorsement which matches the assignment.
When applying for a certificated licensed position, candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as listed on the appropriate position vacancy announcement.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER This employer does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.