- Function as a trained ‘content expert’ for Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG) HRIS in the Recruiting Gateway, Onboarding Gateway, and Core/UTM to manage the employment lifecycle.
- Contribute to recruitment efforts by publishing opportunities and guiding the flow of qualified candidates to talent managers with high-priority, and often simultaneous, hiring needs in UKG’s Recruiting Gateway. Distribute professional recruitment content using external job search sites and social media savvy.
- Support electronic hiring and onboarding processes with accurate, compliant, and timely task management/follow-up with candidates UKG’s Onboarding Gateway. Serve as a friendly and helpful resource to ensure internal procedures are followed for employment offers, employment verification/documentation, minor work permits, training, and obtaining/recordkeeping confidential information as required through communication and follow-up by phone/email/Microsoft Teams.
- Assist with payroll processes in UKG’s Core/UTM by updating employment records with required approval/documentation to process hires, secondary jobs, transfer, promotions, merit increases, wage adjustments, employment classifications, tax deductions, direct deposits, and terminations/notices.
- Function as a safety ambassador ensuring appropriate employee health screening procedures, intake interviews for reported close contact or cases, seeking advisement on appropriate responses to reports, obtaining vaccination records, and helping to ensure a safe workplace concerning COVID19.
- Complete assigned projects to maintain an accurate and healthy HRIS, such as auditing, reporting, record-keeping, scanning, and uploading files and other information in UKG.
- Provide consistent, helpful, and thoughtful responses and problem-solve for various topics including follow-up on opportunities, processing of information in UKG, accessing employment/payroll records, time management/timeclocks, and payroll concerns or questions.
- Support the cross-cutting strategic imperative for talent solutions at Chautauqua Institution, and its’ subsidiary the Chautauqua Hotel Company, at our main campus in Western New York, a satellite office located in Washington DC, and for telework opportunities central to the ‘future of work.’
- Understand recruitment objectives that align with organization-wide and department-specific hiring goals, support recruitment strategies, and carry out recruitment activities.
- Engage in recruitment initiatives to attract a diverse and qualified talent pool for a broad range of seasonal opportunities for a prism of operating departments across multiple industry sectors in the arts, education, hospitality, recreation, religion, and administration.
- Contribute to an employer branding strategy that generates excitement, engages candidates, compliments products/services, compels candidates to apply, and aligns with our culture.
- Collaborate with talent managers and internal ‘onboarding owners’ to ensure that the recruitment and onboarding experience is aligned with the talent philosophy of the Institution.
- Assist a talent management team comprised of (50+) hiring managers with seasonal recruitment processes. The Institution employs (165) employees on a ‘year-round’ basis and hires, and rehires, (1,600+) employees on a seasonal basis for summer operations.
- Support recruitment strategies and initiatives for a seasonal recruitment process with deeply shared responsibilities within the Talent Management Team and Human Resources. Coordinate, register for, and attend recruitment events and advocate management support through a shared calendar.
- Serve as an energetic and enthusiastic point of contact for candidates in the development of talent pipelines, participate in recruitment/networking events, and communicate regarding opportunities.
- Author compelling, inclusive, and vibrant job descriptions for approval, open/close jobs on company and partner websites, and engage a talent community using recruitment software or other methods.
- Research industry-specific partnerships to develop diverse talent pipelines regionally/nationally.
- Support planning for a virtual ‘job fair’ and participate in a virtual orientation process that integrates leadership, focuses on culture (mission, vision, shared values, and norms), and emphasizes ‘connection’ through relationships and networks.
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Associates or better in Human Resource Administration or related field.
2 years: Professional experience in an office environment is required with a strong preference for candidates with prior internship or work experience in Human Resources.
Licenses & Certifications
Human Resources (PHR)