Challenger School is hiring a Middle School Literature teacher. This position will start online and will transition to in-person once our campuses reopen. As such, we will only consider candidates who live locally to one of our 26 campuses in California, Idaho, Nevada, Texas, and Utah. (See Challenger list of campus locations to find a campus near you: https://www.challengerschool.com/campus-locations ).
At Challenger, teachers not only educate students but assist students to become self-reliant and productive individuals who value independence and individuality; finding joy and self-worth through achievement.
Teachers are responsible for:
- Learning and properly delivering Challenger’s curriculum and methodology to include conceptual homework, daily and weekly lesson plans that support objectives and assessments, and daily board work that effectively reviews previously learned material
- The safety and well-being of Challenger students
- Effective classroom behavior management in accordance with Challenger philosophy
Teachers are required to:
- Have or be close to completing any 4-year college bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Have a friendly and confident demeanor and to work patiently with students, parents, and co-workers
- Possess a strong work ethic and a desire to support Challenger curriculum and methods
- Attend all training opportunities and marketing events to learn and assist as directed
- Have excellent attendance to maintain continuity of the classroom during the school year
- Understand and embrace the values of the original United States Constitution
Preferred applicants will have a Bachelor’s Degree, but need not have a degree in education. If you love teaching children to think for themselves, to value hard work, and want to inspire them with a love of learning and achievement, we encourage you to apply.
Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, a 401(k) retirement plan, and significant Challenger student tuition discount for children or grandchildren.
**If you choose to apply, please be on the lookout for an email from email@example.com. This email confirms your application submission and provides you with a link to our pre-employment assessment. This assessment must be completed within 72 hours for your application to be considered complete.**