Challenger School is hiring experienced 4th and 5th grade Elementary Teachers. This position will start online and will transition to in-person once our campuses reopen. As such, we will only consider candidates who live locally to one of our 26 campuses in California, Idaho, Nevada, Texas, and Utah. (See Challenger list of campus locations to find a campus near you: https://www.challengerschool.com/campus-locations ).
Challenger School offers a unique academically rigorous program in the subjects of math, grammar and composition, literature, history, geography, logic, science, and speech.
By 4th grade, Challenger students are speeding along in their education, becoming more and more skilled and self-assured in all subjects. Their lessons expand into more complex sentence diagramming from 3rd grade, recognizing and correcting tense and case usage, understanding modifier and pronoun agreement, and more. Challenger 4th graders are using increasingly complex numbers in mathematics and venturing further into geometry by learning how to calculate areas and understanding square roots and irrational numbers.
In 5th grade, we continue to emphasize independent reasoning skills, resulting in our students’ exceptional academic performance and success at pursuing life. By introducing concepts in a sequence that allows the student to discover the truth instead of being given answers to memorize, we promote our students’ enthusiasm for learning. Challenger 5th graders learn about exponents, how to convert fractions to decimals and vice versa, algebraic concepts, and also begin to discover and understand the principals of physics.
Elementary Teacher Responsibilities
Elementary Teachers are experienced educators who facilitate learning for 4th & 5th grade students in a virtual or in-person environment; ensuring that regardless of format, all student receive the same high quality education since Challenger curriculum was developed in 1963.
While courses are conducted online, teachers are responsible for:
- Pre-recording virtual lessons with the help of Program Directors and IT/editing teams.
- Scheduling daily “Live Meet” sessions to discuss material and address student questions.
- Reviewing relevant materials prior to daily “Live Meet” sessions. Teachers should be prepared to answer all student questions.
Regardless of whether instruction is administered online or in-person, Elementary Teachers will:
- Correct assignments and tests
- Submit student grades into Challenger’s online portal
- Maintain effective class behavior management in accordance with Challenger School philosophy
A successful candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree
- United States work authorization
- Ability to pass a background check
- Previous teaching experience in any capacity including but not limited to primary school, secondary school, post-secondary school, tutoring, or mentoring
This position does not require a teaching license or credential.
This is a full-time salaried position. Benefits include significant Challenger student tuition discounts for children or grandchildren, health insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, and paid time off.
**If you choose to apply, please be on the lookout for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. This email confirms your application submission and provides you with a link to our pre-employment assessment. This assessment must be completed within 72 hours for your application to be considered complete.**