Join the CA BOCES team!
Division: Special Education
Supervisor: Special Education Supervisor
DESCRIPTION: This is a professional position involving responsibility for the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of language, voice, and speech disorders. The work is performed upon the written order or referral of a physician who provides medical direction. Supervision of others is not normally a function of this position. A Speech Pathologist does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Provides speech pathology treatment services in accordance with accepted professional standards and practices including muscular coordination exercises, sensory stimulation and association training and language development activities using electronic equipment;
- Evaluates the degree of function and disability of patients unless contradicted by professional judgment or by the attending physician;
- Plans and develops remedial programs designed to restore or improve communication efficiency;
- Maintains program records including but not limited to service budget, monthly statistical reports, listing the number of patients treated, admitted and discharged, evaluations, reevaluations, types of conditions seen and number of patients on a visiting list for evaluations or treatment programs;
- Consults with Medical Director on subjects of a professional medical nature;
- Integrates treatment plans into total care plans in consultation with patients, physicians and other personnel providing patient care;
- Participates in patient care review conferences;
- Develops or assists in the development of speech pathology policies and procedures;
- Records on patients charts all evaluations, re-evaluations, progress notes, consultations and discharge summaries;
- Assists in the development of and participates in the facility’s in-service education program
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Licensed and currently registered by the New York State Education Department as a Speech Pathologist.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT FOR APPOINTMENT IN SCHOOL DISTRICTS / BOCES:
Per regulations of the Commissioner of Education, to be employed in a position designated by a school district or BOCES as involving direct contact with students, a clearance for employment from the State Education Department is required.
Salary: Per UBTA Contract
Application Procedure: Apply Online
Equal Opportunity Employer