The Creative Department within the University Communications & Marketing (UCM) division is seeking candidates for a Brand and Digital Asset Specialist. Reporting to the Director, Photo and Video, your primary duties are to manage and maintain CMU’s digital asset management (DAM) system in order to collect, organize, and disseminate digital assets (photos, videos, and graphic files) generated by the creative department, as well as the information associated with these assets and their use (metadata, permissions forms, etc).
You will work closely with the photographers, video producers, designers, and project managers and will ensure all assets created for use internally and externally are appropriately tagged, catalogued and permissioned for ease of use on a variety of university projects. You will also be UCM’s liaison to the Office of General Counsel and the Trademark Licensing Office, in regards to understanding and communicating proper usage of CMU’s name and likeness and managing internal and external requests for CMU brand and digital assets and branded and trademarked items.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Primary manager of the DAM system used by UCM and the entire university, and primary contact for DAM vendor, Widen
- Support the creative team and its partners, clients, and vendors in making brand and other digital assets and related information available to the global university community
- Review, maintain, and update the university brand standards on a regular basis and collaborate with the creative team on any design updates that would affect the visual brand across all platforms and units
- Responsible for providing the visual brand guidelines and related digital assets to the global campus community using the DAM
- Assist and lead DAM processes through the asset lifecycle, including workflows for creation, naming and approval of assets; uploading, tagging, and sharing content; provision of assets and information to internal and external partners; and depreciating and archiving assets compromising security
- Provide troubleshooting and support for DAM users, continuously improve and keep up-to-date with CMU’s DAM application and industry standard methodologies and provide regular reporting and tracking of asset usage as needed.
- Assist with brand and digital asset knowledge and access across all subject areas of the creative team
- Use DAM analytics to audit and review brand materials and other digital assets to assess gaps, opportunities and strong performances in CMU’s brand and digital assets across the university community; reports on audit and implementation of change (as the need arises) on a regular basis
- Other duties as assigned
You must demonstrate:
- High level of customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Technical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and planning skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to partner with multiple colleagues across the organization
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
A combination of 1-3 years of marketing experience and experience using digital asset management systems to collect, organize, and disseminate digital assets (photos, videos, and graphic files)
- Successful background check
COVID-19 Condition of Employment
- As a condition of employment, Carnegie Mellon University requires all staff and faculty working in Pennsylvania, California, Washington D.C., New York and Virginia to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Prior to commencement of employment, new hires must provide proof of their vaccination or have an approved exemption.
- New employees requesting a medical, religious or strong moral or ethical conviction exemption from the vaccine must complete and submit an exemption request form for review and approval. To receive the appropriate exemption request form, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Employees with approved exemptions will be required to comply with all applicable COVID-19 mitigation requirements including use of facial coverings, Daily Self-Assessment and Weekly Tartan Testing.
Staff – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Full Time/Part time