Carlow University invites applications for the position of Enrollment Counselor. This position reports to Director of Adult and Graduate Admissions. This person is responsible for the recruitment of transfer, adult, and graduate students from the point of inquiry through matriculation; meeting prescribed individual program recruitment goals as designated; developing full knowledge of all University programs as well as policies/procedures of both the University and the Admissions Office; while effectively utilizing recruitment strategies to increase applications and enrollment year over year.
This person will be responsible for recruiting transfer, adult, and graduate students seeking degree completion, certification, a second degree, readmission, or guest study. The successful candidate must be able to manage the admissions funnel with consistent communication via various platforms. This will require the ability to prepare reports, set appointments, provide assistance with financial aid, and address other concerns during the enrollment process. This position requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, goal-oriented atmosphere both independently, and as part of a unified team.
- Meets specific goals in the recruitment of new students via the following strategies:
- Plans and conducts recruitment events or presentations at Community Colleges and other academic institutions
- Represents the University at college fairs and other outside events
- Use of telemarketing plan to qualify inquiries, set appointments, encourage applications, and follow-up with applicants, admits and deposits, with the constant goal of moving students along effectively in the admissions process. Heavy use of CRM to manage this process
- Schedules individual campus visits with prospective students; may include campus tour; meeting with faculty or staff; providing assistance with the application and/or financial aid paperwork
- Develops effective, sometimes standardized, written or email correspondence to enhance individual program recruitment management
- Leverage virtual platforms to engage and recruit new students
- Must be familiar with our partnership/articulation agreements and be able to promote them to those looking for enroll at Carlow.
- Help to build and enhance relationships with our Community College counselors/advisors and work with our Joint Admission Programs.
- Reviews admissions applications and makes admissions decisions.
- Assists students with various aspects of the financial aid process. Addresses questions regarding any other issues that arise during the enrollment process.
- Aggressively and proactively monitors and adjusts progress toward goals.
- Provide new student onboarding assistance.
- Support Student Success Coordinator with transfer credit reviews as required.
- Demonstrates and reflects an understanding of and commitment to the mission and core values of Carlow University and the Sisters of Mercy.
- Assumes an active role as part of a cohesive recruitment team, by:
- Participating in the on-going development, implementation and assessment of all recruitment strategies, processes and procedures
- Completing expense reports and submitting them as required
- Actively participating in strategy meetings, as well as staff meetings
- Engaging in professional behavior that enables the achievement of individual goals while fully and positively supporting the dynamics and progress of the recruitment team
- Performing other duties or coordinating special projects as assigned by the Director to address and develop personal and professional skill areas and interests, as well as to help meet overall office objectives. The level and extent to which these projects/areas are assigned, either as primary or secondary responsibilities, will correspond with the recruiter’s experience, skills, and time management abilities
We seek an innovative applicant with the following qualifications:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Proven sales or admissions experience in a goal-oriented role preferred.
- Excellent customer service, phone, and organizational skills are necessary.
- Ability to work collaboratively in order to execute strategic initiatives.
- Available to work evenings and some weekends as required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, with a variety of constituents – prospective students, Community College transfer counselors, University faculty, staff and current students.
- Computer skills required, along with the knowledge and willingness to learn Microsoft office products.
- CRM experience preferred.
- Ability to travel and to transport self and an extensive supply of recruitment materials in a timely manner from location to location.
- Knowledge and/or willingness and ability to learn the financial aid process.
Carlow University employees commit themselves to the highest standards of ethical conduct. They commit to act with integrity, treat others with respect and dignity, carefully steward the University’s resources, avoid conflicts of interest or commitment, maintain confidentiality, and to comply with legal and professional obligations.
Carlow University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive for a campus that reflects our urban setting and is inclusive of underrepresented groups to enhance our University community.