- Build upon the knowledge of your major and create fun and impactful content for your portfolio and resume.
- Improve self confidence and initiative by working with a diverse, multicultural staff.
- Develop your multimedia skills across platforms including photography, film, podcasts, web development, social media and graphic design.
- Strengthen leadership, teamwork and communication skills while experiencing the importance and impact of being a positive role model to hundreds of children.
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities from our Leadership Team, Alumni and Parent Network.
As a “Media Intern”, you will have a hands-on experience by being an official member of our Media Team. The Media Team at Camp Towanda plays a vital role in preserving the history of our camp, which is celebrating 100 years! The Media Team is led by our Media Director who has been with us for over a decade. This is a creative experience offering the opportunity for extensive hands on experience. The media team is responsibilities for continuously capturing videos of all the non-stop action at Camp and compiling it into our weekly highlight video called Friday Nite Flix. You can see some FNF of years past here. The media team also captures hundreds of photos a day and upload them for the campers’ parents to see.
As you can see from some of the past FNF’s, footage is constantly captured. logged and organized to create montages which are put to popular upbeat music. Humorous digital shorts are also created with the input of campers. As many campers as possible are included in each episode of FNF. The final piece is projected onto a big screen in our outdoor amphitheater. It is very important that FNF be an enjoyable experience for all campers. Humor MUST be appropriate for viewers ranging in age from 6-60 years old; ”Camp Appropriate Humor”. At the end of the season footage from Friday Nite Flix is used to create an extended highlights video which is sent to each camper and used for promotional material.
We are Mac based and utilize the Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop. Having experience with these programs is an asset.
Each member of the media crew is also a bunk counselor. Working at camp simply as a counselor, in-and-of-itself, gives you hands-on experience and leadership opportunities, while building skills that hiring managers are looking for, such as flexibility, adaptability, initiative, self-direction, social and cross-cultural skills, productivity, accountability, leadership and responsibility. When not working on your media responsibilities, you will be with your assigned group as a counselor, ensuring safety and camaraderie. As a counselor, you will be directly responsible for the welfare and whereabouts of your campers. You will be under the guidance of your Group Leader. As a counselor, you will be directly responsible for the welfare and whereabouts of your campers. You will be under the guidance of your Group Leader.
- Available early-June thru mid-August.
- Candidates are required to complete at least one year of college
- Digital Photography Experience
- Digital Video Experience
- Familiar with the Adobe Creative Suite; Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop etc.
- Qualified references
- Great with children
- Strong work ethic
Benefits of Interning at Camp Towanda:
- Individually tailored experience to meet your goals, working with school advisors so that you get the most out of your internship.
- Hands on program, working directly in your discipline.
- Professional, real world work experience in a fun, outdoor location
- Access to a talented media team and high tech resources for your resume/portfolio.
- Receive routine feedback and supervision by a professional with expertise and educational/professional background in your associated field.
- Satisfy school internship requirements and earn credits if needed.
- Hours/week: Working at camp is not your typical job/internship. You are living and working at the same place in an immersive community lifestyle for 8 weeks.
- Work with a diverse team from around the world, impacting and inspiring today’s youth.
- Work on the set of the movie “Wet Hot American Summer”. Yup, it was filmed here!
- Join a vast network of Staff, Alumni and Parents that can connect you with future endeavors.
- THIS IS A PAID INTERNSHIP. Pay scale depends on experience and qualifications. Plus, housing, meals, laundry service and travel reimbursement are provided!
The next step is to fill out our online application. We will then connect to set up a video interview over Skype, Facetime or Zoom. Our internships are integrated with our hired camp counselor positions; there is one application. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. 570-253-3266 or firstname.lastname@example.org