2021 Summer IT Intern – Junior Test Engineer
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We’re seeking a passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
What can you expect from an internship with Brighthouse Financial:
- Positive work experience, offering practical application and skill development
- Learning and development opportunities offered throughout the program
- Networking opportunities with senior executives
- Community service events
- 40 hour work weeks (with the exeception of holiday weeks)
- $17/hour pay (please note that we do not cover housing expenses)
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
Brighthouse Financial’s QMO Junior Test Engineer is an important role within the Technology organization. The individual is responsible to support Test Engineering leads in summarizing project requirements and help in the creation and successful execution of testing strategies. This role will work closely with TE Leads and TE Execution vendor to support test engineering strategies and execution of strategic time sensitive programs. This position requires the individual to understand the established TE processes.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Reviews QMO TE processes and procedures periodically and ensure it is up to date and in accordance with Software Delivery Life Cycle
- Review project requirements and develop a testing strategy working with BA, ITSO, Test Lead and test execution partner
- Review testing strategy and approach with key stakeholders
- Manage defects within the team and developers for a successful resolution and closure
- Develop knowledge of business function and systems being tested
We are recruiting candidates who are pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Management or similar degree with a graduation date between May 2021 – August 31, 2022. Preferred qualifications include:
- A keen interest in learning new skills
- The ability to think strategically and set direction aligned to company strategy, applying internal and external perspectives to meet business needs
- The ability to create partnerships and authentically build trusted relationships, collaborating with diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives
- The ability to drive results by setting aggressive goals and continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards
- Able to work in a fast-paced atmosphere with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.