2021 Summer Intern – IT Technical Writer
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We’re seeking a passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
What can you expect from an internship with Brighthouse Financial:
- Positive work experience, offering practical application and skill development
- Learning and development opportunities offered throughout the program
- Networking opportunities with senior executives
- Community service events
- 40 hour work weeks (with the exeception of holiday weeks)
- $17/hour pay (please note that we do not cover housing expenses)
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
Through innovation, creativity and best practices, you can help the Life New Business and Underwriting team at Brighthouse Financial continue to transform the way clients protect their financial futures.
You will be part of a team that develops and implements technology applications, systems and operational processes and procedures to support our customers across the country.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Assists in developing functional requirements and design documentation, and supports limited testing and training for small projects
- Assists in gathering, reviewing, analyzing and evaluating user needs
- Documents and maintains functional requirements
- Researches and designs data analytics reporting based upon new technology
- Gathers, analyzes and documents business and system requirements
- Contributes to user guides, reference manuals, quality assurance plans and training materials as appropriate
- Assists teams in gathering and presenting data for analysis and business insights
We are looking for intern candidates who are pursuing a bachelor’s degree in computer science, data science, information systems or similar degree. Preferred candidates will be junior or senior of their college program. Preferred qualifications include:
- Consistent track record of outstanding academic performance
- Internship or academic experience with systems analysis and project management exposure
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork in a military or civilian setting