2021 Summer Intern – Investments Law & Compliance
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We’re seeking a passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
What can you expect from an internship with Brighthouse Financial:
- Positive work experience, offering practical application and skill development
- Learning and development opportunities offered throughout the program
- Networking opportunities with senior executives
- Community service events
- 40 hour work weeks (with the exeception of holiday weeks)
- $17/hour pay (please note that we do not cover housing expenses)
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
Brighthouse Financial is seeking a student entering their last year at an accredited four-year university to participate in its Summer Intern Program. This position represents the unique opportunity to work for a start-up, but one with long-standing experience in the financial services industry.
The intern will be assigned to Brighthouse Financial’s in-house legal and compliance departments that support the investments department, and will be exposed to legal research, various legal issues that affect investments, the investment guideline monitoring and testing process, the process for overseeing multiple investment managers, and Brighthouse’s investments compliance program. The intern may work on a variety of legal and compliance issues affecting the investments department, including the maintenance of investments guidelines, assistance with regulatory filings, document management, assistance in due diligence reviews of investment managers, among other responsibilities. Brighthouse Financial’s investments legal and compliance team members will assign specific projects, with the goal of providing a diverse experience that simulates an in-house legal and compliance role.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Partnering with colleagues and business partners to contribute to success of the company
- Work closely with associates within investments legal and compliance to identify, analyze and document additional core business processes and workflows
- Assist with various projects to support the investments legal and compliance functions
- Enrolled in and entering final year at an accredited four-year university
- Available to work in Brighthouse Financial’s Morristown, NJ office
- Available to work 35-40 hours per week
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Superior oral and written communications skills
- Willingness to build knowledge of the Company’s structure, operating model, objectives, policies, culture, and regulatory requirements
- Willingness to receive coaching and mentoring from management and/or more experienced team members.
- Ability to build collaborative partnerships and alliances, internally and externally