2021 Summer Intern – Investments Derivatives Front Office
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We’re seeking a passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
What can you expect from an internship with Brighthouse Financial:
- Positive work experience, offering practical application and skill development
- Learning and development opportunities offered throughout the program
- Networking opportunities with senior executives
- Community service events
- 40 hour work weeks (with the exeception of holiday weeks)
- $17/hour pay (please note that we do not cover housing expenses)
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The 2021 Summer Internship with the Investments Derivatives team provides a unique opportunity for an individual to learn about financial markets, derivatives, and risk management. The individual in this role will work with the Derivatives Front Office and be exposed to derivatives of all types (rates, credit, equity, and FX). The intern will participate in various aspects of the day to day functions of a buy-side derivative trading team.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Supporting Front Office project initiatives related to our derivatives portfolio
- Working with Front Office, Middle Office, ALM, and Legal to ensure we are keeping up with a rapidly evolving market.
- Ad-hoc projects to support the broader Investments team as needed
- A desire to learn and intellectual curiosity
- Excellent analytical skills
- High level attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Derivatives a plus.
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or Mathematics or other analytic concentration
- Completion of third year of college