2021 Summer Intern – Financial Services Sales Team
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We’re seeking a passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
What can you expect from an internship with Brighthouse Financial:
- Positive work experience, offering practical application and skill development
- Learning and development opportunities offered throughout the program
- Networking opportunities with senior executives
- Community service events
- 40 hour work weeks (with the exeception of holiday weeks)
- $17/hour pay (please note that we do not cover housing expenses)
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The purpose of each call made or taken by our Internal Sales team is to create a positive advisor experience and further develop sales opportunities for our Annuity Distribution team. We empower advisors and consumers by providing the solutions they need to help plan for their financial futures and make decisions with confidence.
As an Annuities Internal Sales Intern, you will work alongside experienced Internal Wholesalers and learn advanced sales techniques, communication skills, and territory management acumen to help you jumpstart your career. With a fast-paced but collaborative environment, Brighthouse Financial is a great place to further your professional development.
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Learn and convey the key attributes of our flagship products
- Participate in departmental orientation and other developmental opportunities offered throughout the program
- Gain an understanding of the role of the Internal Wholesaler, and complete a final project based on your observations
- Assist with various initiatives and projects to ensure achievement of departmental goals and objectives
- Gain exposure to other areas of the business and understand how they fit together to achieve business goals and objectives
- Perform various assigned duties that are intended to provide experience and build skills for future development
- Prepare and deliver presentations throughout the program, culminating in a final presentation
- Strong sales and customer service orientation
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills / interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)