2021 Summer Intern – Accounting & Management Reporting
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they’ve earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we’re fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we’re better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We’re seeking a passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
What can you expect from an internship with Brighthouse Financial:
- Positive work experience, offering practical application and skill development
- Learning and development opportunities offered throughout the program
- Networking opportunities with senior executives
- Community service events
- 40 hour work weeks (with the exeception of holiday weeks)
- $17/hour pay (please note that we do not cover housing expenses)
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Accounting & Management Reporting internship is an exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-moving finance, accounting, and reporting team in a dynamic environment. The Accounting & Management Reporting intern will work towards developing insurance related business knowledge by analyzing and interpreting trends in financial results. The intern will support the Management Reporting and SEC Reporting processes, including the preparation of quarterly financial information provided to senior management as well as the shareholder and analyst community, while helping to document comprehensive process controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy financial results.
If successful in the intern role, the position is designed to lead into the role of Financial Analyst. Consideration for full time, permanent opportunities may be available to qualified applicants as position availability allows upon graduations
Principal Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in preparing management reports for GAAP and Statutory financials by downloading information from single or multiple sources; compile databases and formulate spreadsheets; interpret trends, analyze results and explain to both Business and Finance Management.
- Assist in explaining Actual vs. Projection and overall Actual results on a Year-Over-Year, Quarter-Over-Quarter and Sequential Quarter basis for both GAAP and Statutory Reporting.
- Assist in preparing reports at specific company and product levels to support legal entity analytics
- Assist in preparation of support for SEC and Statutory filings.
- Assist with process improvement and documentation
- Juniors or Seniors pursuing a degrees in Accounting, Finance, or similar field of study
- A consistent track record of outstanding academic performance.
- Internship or academic background in Accounting/Finance which includes experience with MS Excel including advanced functions such as Pivot Tables, V-Lookup and Index match.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to work in a fast-paced atmosphere with the ability to multi-task.
- Sound judgement, professionalism and discretion.
- Strong business analytical abilities, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills